Book Review: The Lost Boys by Lilian Carmine

Title: The Lost Boys (The Lost boys #1)
Author: Lilian Carmine
Published: October 24th 2013
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Ghosts
Source: From Netgalley

Add to shelf: Goodreads

Buy the book: 
Amazon | B&N








An intensely addictive romance novel about girls, ghosts, and forbidden love, ideal for fans of Stephenie Meyer.
 Fate has brought them together. But will it also keep them apart? Having moved to a strange town, 17-year-old Joey Gray is feeling a little lost, until she meets a cute, mysterious boy near her new home. But there’s a very good reason why Tristan Halloway is always to be found roaming in the local graveyard. Perfect for fans of Stephenie Meyer and Lauren Kate, The Lost Boys is a magical, romantic tale of girl meets ghost.



Ghost love stories are quite limited, especially hot male ghosts. So I was pretty excited to read this one since I enjoyed reading the Mediator series. Because of that, I was pretty much expecting a lot out of this novel.  It is also said to be “ideal for fans of Stephenie Meyer” which includes me. 

I was disappointed on how cliché the beginning was. The boy meets the girl and the sparks fly. But fortunately, the other parts weren't as predictable. Some parts even surprised me and proved that it’s not as lame as I originally thought it was. 

The two main characters were a bit dull. They didn't connect with me at all. There were a couple of times where I didn't get the dialogue and that the scenes were unnecessary. 

Another thing that just shocked me (not in a good way) is that Tristan’s tombstone says 1938-1950! *thanks heather crews for spotting this thing because it eluded me* Double check and please tell me he isn't a 12-year-old boy. The way he acted throughout this novel definitely did not correspond to his age or era!

Now let’s get to the things I liked. 

The unexpected friendship between Tiffany and Joey is quite unique and it helped me like this novel. I also loved the members of the Lost Boys. They are cute as a button! I also liked the seduction part; I’m not going into detail in case I spoil someone.

Over all, it was a so-so read for me. 

Fave quote:

“Boys…It was so easy messing up with them.”



Lilian Carmine is the author of the popular Lost Boys Novels and Bacharel of Visual Arts.
lilyThe Lost Boys Trilogy will be published by Random House UK – ebury Press, the first book of the trilogy with over 33 million reads online at Wattpad.
Lilian is currently working as a freelance artist on illustrated children’s books, animation,  and artistic creation – as well as the next book in her Lost Boys series.

No comments :

Post a Comment