Book Review: Come Back To Me by Mila Gray!

Author: Mila Gray (a.k.a Sarah Alderson)
Published: June 19, 2014
Genre: New Adult
Source: eARC from author


Home on leave in sunny California, Marine and local lothario Kit Ryan finds himself dangerously drawn to his best friend's sister, Jessa - the one girl he can't have.

But Kit's not about to let a few obstacles stand in his way and soon Jessa's falling for his irresistible charms.

What starts out as a summer romance of secret hook-ups and magical first times quickly develops into a passionate love affair that turns both their worlds upside down.


When summer's over and it's time for Kit to redeploy, neither Kit nor Jessa are ready to say goodbye. Jessa's finally following her dreams and Kit's discovered there's someone he'd sacrifice everything for.

Jessa's prepared to wait for Kit no matter what. But when something more than distance and time rips them apart they're forced to decide whether what they have is really worth fighting for.

A breathtaking, scorchingly hot story about love, friendship, family and finding your way back from the edge of heartbreak.

From the very start, this book will hook you with unbelievable strength. The prologue just nearly killed me with curiosity. It swallowed me whole. Why, Sarah, why the torture from the very beginning? I was tempted to scan the pages to see what happens and I was struggling not to. (Thank God I resisted the temptation.) If the opening chapter didn’t hook you right off then I don’t know what will.

The characters in this novel were very believable. Each and every individual has their own story and uniqueness to them. The dual POV (Point of view) was perfect for the story. I liked all the characters here. Riley was the coolest brother I’ve read so far. I wish my brother gives me gifts like the one Riley gives Jessa. Didi was a much needed friend for Jessa. Kit and Riley’s dad was just as interesting. They weren’t the best parents but they had a big impact with how the story progresses. A conflict revolves around these families that will be revealed after some time. All of the characters went through change.

I’m not sure it’s on the right genre though. LOL. It was bordering adult fiction with how hot and steamy the scenes were (In a very good way). I thought they would both combust on how high the sexual tension was between Kit and Jessa. Thank goodness Kit is a perfect gentleman and that his love for Jessa didn't waver.

The story wasn’t in a hurry, which I loved. The characters had their time to settle on their feelings and just think things over. It didn’t feel rushed. Also, the title fits the novel perfectly. I understood why that was the title. It wasn’t full of what ifs or what could’ve been because the characters didn’t regret their present situation. It was nice that it included an epilogue. It’s a story that teaches that love isn’t once in a lifetime, that you can find another love in this world eventually.

COME BACK TO ME is the perfect blend of steamy romance, unbreakable friendship and family drama. Well, maybe it has a whole lot more sizzling hot romance in it. So for NA and Adult readers, this is a perfect read for you!
“You’ve been waiting in the bushes for half an hour just to speak to me?' Kit shrugs. 'I’ve done sniper training. I can sit for hours in the dark, waiting and watching.'
'That’s comforting.' I say, 'And not creepy in the slightest.”

"Do you come here often?' I ask. As soon as the words are out of my mouth, I cringe. Way to go, Kit. Make it sound like you’re trying to pick him up, why don’t you?"

“..the best things in life are things you have to fight for.”



Mila Gray is the pen name for Sarah Alderson, author of Hunting Lila, Losing Lila, The Sound, Fated and Out of Control. 

Originally from London she has lived in Bali for the last four years with her husband and daughter. 

As well as writing young adult fiction under the name Sarah Alderson and adult fiction under the name Mila Gray, she also writes screenplays.


No comments :

Post a Comment