The Life and Death of Jorja Graham by Brynn Myers.




The Life & Death of Jorja Graham by Brynn Myers 
(Jorja Graham #1) Published January 20th 2014
Genres: Paranormal Romance
copy from Xpresso Book Tours
Goodreads
Amazon * iTunes

All my life I’ve been referred to as the quintessential southern bell: blonde, stunningly beautiful, and overtly enchanting, but that was only the face I shared with the world; no one ever knew the hell I truly endured.

After returning to Savannah, I had everything I ever wanted: a new home, a handsome suitor, and the job of my dreams as an antique dealer. Little did I know that the choice to move on with my life would be the last decision I’d ever make.

My name is Jorja Graham and my story is proof that not every romance has a happy ending.


The Echoed Life of Jorja Graham by Brynn Myers  
(Jorja Graham #2) Releasing April 9th 2015
Genres: Paranormal Romance
copy from Xpresso Book Tours
  Amazon


Two books, two lives, one destiny.

“Follow my echo and I will lead you to the still point at the center of it all.” ~ Jorja

___

The Life & Death of Jorja Graham is a paranormal romance with a contemporary feel. There is a cliffhanger in book one, but book two in the duology, The Echoed Life of Jorja Graham will be released on April 9, 2015 so readers will not have to wait too long to find out the conclusion.

This review would be for the first book in the Jorja Graham duology. 
 
This book had me riding a whirlwind kind of a carnival ride. You know what it feels to ride on those things right? Admittedly, the first few chapters of the book hooked me. There was a sufficient amount of mystery, romance and magic to it that will definitely keep the readers guessing and on their toes... til it didn't.

Jorja Graham never knew the love of a mother. That kind of love was filled up by her aunts while her father truly loved her til his death. With her mother's death, Jorja returns to the town which she truly calls home, where everything is as it should be: a stable job as an antique dealer. Til she strikes up a deal for a well-known estate with the enigmatic, devilishly handsome Corbin,who butt heads with her on a phone call but utterly fell for her in person. Jorja lets him into her heart but does she really know who the man is?

The beginning established for me the paranormal mystery that the book wanted. However, in the progressing chapters, it focused more on the story and love between Jorja and Corbin that had me questioning "Where's the mystery? Where's the suspense? Come on!" 

Reading it was such a roller coaster experience as it starts off with handing the readers a huge mystery to solve then a romance kindling between Jorja and Corbin along with sprinkles of clues here and there. And once the mystery was revealed, it was...well, not what I expected. There were these moments that felt really off. Granted, the story behind Corbin, the estate and the relic was real good. What brought it down considerably are the things that happened after until the end.

The Life and Death of Jorja Graham was off to a really good start. It could have been one of the books that I would have definitely enjoyed save for the instances where the story fell a little flat. Should the story focused more on the more interesting aspects that it introduced throughout the story, it truly would have been a more terrific read.


 actual rating is 3.5


Brynn Myers is an urban fantasy/paranormal romance author. After considering writing a hobby for years, she finally turned her passion and talent into a career. She came into the paranormal genre later than most but has always loved fairy-tales and all things magical. Using that love, she creates charmed worlds by writing stories involving passionate, strong willed characters with something to discover. Brynn lives with her family in the Brevard County, Florida area.


https://twitter.com/brynnmyers
https://www.facebook.com/BrynnMyersAu...




No comments :

Post a Comment